Friday, August 20, 2010

This week has been spent focusing on an on line debate about whether or not Remix Culture should be used in education. Our Web 2.0 class was divided into two groups. A Pro and a Con Remix Culture and education. I was assigned to the Con group so our group was focusing on why we shouldn't use Remix in education. I spent about thirty to forty hours (that's right HOURS) researching different websites and on line papers in support of our "side's" opinion. It was very difficult because much of the "Fair Use" information had to do with using digital media in parody or commentary. Very little information focused on the details of negatives of using digital media in education. It was definitely the more difficult side to find myself assigned to....but luckily I had some very good people on my team. We used "GoogleDocs" to communicate and coordinate our approach and to organize our research. We also used Diigo a web based bookmarking site to coordinate the best websites among the team members.

As I look back at the last 8 weeks I am very pleased with the both the quality and quantity of tools we have learned to use. The change in education over the next few years is going to be truly significant. It reminds me of the song lyrics....."For the Times, They are a changing."

No comments:

Post a Comment